etsy shop

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Retro Socks

If you are not a knitter, you might think these retro socks have some complicated color work going on.


Ahh, but if you are a knitter then I can't fool you. All the color changes are in the ball. It is "cheater yarn" because it is easy to do knitting but has an interesting color pattern going on. It makes knitting plain socks not so boring, I keep waiting to see what color round is coming around the bend. I'm using size 0 needles for longer wearing socks. I am heading down to finish off the toe where I'll face the dreaded kitchener bind off. (You knitters know what I mean.)
Now that our daughter has moved to the cold environs of Chicago I can knit up warm things for her- Yeah!!



























































































































































1 comment:

  1. Another lampworker that knits socks! I am always amazed when I find you guys! what is the connection?

    ps. I also use cheater yarn, lol. But have decided to support some yarn friends on Etsy, and they do not make them :-(

    ReplyDelete

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers