etsy shop

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here is part of my glass supply. I must have over 200 colors. I use transparent and also opaque glass. These cost about $40 a pound. But I also have been "investing" in silver laden glass that is $100 a pound. Almost all glass colors are imported from Italy and Germany but now a few American glass makers have started up.
This is my lampworking space, AFTER cleaning up all the dozens of rods, stringers and tools. This is one artistic endeavor that needs lots of gear! I work with a 2 fuel torch that uses tanked propane and oxygen supplied by an oxygen generator.

This is the "before" picture. When the used rods get this deep I'm forced to clean up and put away. I sometimes use brass tools for pressing beads into a lentil or square nugget shape. You can see one set with the wooden handles facing up.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers