etsy shop

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've just taken my first workshop from a very famous beadmaker, Kristina Logan.She is justly called the queen of the dots! I'm inspired to try a new look, lots of dots.
I haven't taken a workshop before because I am ambivalent about being affected by another lampworker's style. I usually work in a solitary fashion making the beads that come into my imagination. With these new beads I see them as "Kristina" beads and quite unrelated to my style.

But they were fun to make, she helped me with heat control and the idea of multiple layers. She was a delightful personality and her beads reflect it. I will try to find a picture of one of her famous and expensive beads to add later.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers