etsy shop

Saturday, January 17, 2009







I've discovered that I most enjoy the fine detail work of using "stringers" to create my floral beads. Both sides of the beads have different flowers and in a set I don't repeat a flower.In the box lids are some of these finely pulled strands of glass. They are thinner than spagettinni!!! To make them I pull a very hot blob of glass with tweezers in opposing directions until it is as thin as possible.


These miniature garden beads have become my trademark. Now I only make a set each month because they are so time intensive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers