etsy shop

Tuesday, January 13, 2009




This shows some very simple murrini I made. It's something I want to do more of and learn more advanced methods. There are some glass artists in Italy who ONLY make murrini.Theirs will show detailed scenes, faces, animals, and butterflies.




Here's how they are made.. many layers of encasing with transparent and opaque colors, slowly building up the design. Then the bundle is heated until soupy soft and slowly pulled to a length. When cool it is cut with glass cutters into thin slices, it is the cross section you see applied to the bead. Those little murrini slices in the white spoon are about 3.5mm in diameter .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers