etsy shop

Friday, January 16, 2009


When making beads almost daily I have ended up with lots of extras. I realized I've created a ranking system without realizing it. Rank 1 beads go into sets to be sold in my Etsy shop, (or for me to wear). Rank 2 beads go into my bead bowl to be sold in destashing groups, usually by color. Rank 3 beads I give to my daughter to take to the beach when she's surfing to toss along the shoreline. Rank 4 beads go into my garden between the bricks in a walkway. Rank 5 beads are those that turn out ugly so I take my tweezers and pinch and pull out noses, ears, mouths, then add eyeballs. These I call My Mad Monkeys ,( after the first one I made looked like an infuriated monkey.) I string them up casually on clear stretchy elastic and wear them for fun. I especially like looking at them when I'm stuck in traffic or a red light- ALWAYS brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catalina Glass on Etsy

About Me

My photo
Basically I love working with my hands to create with color and texture. I fill my days with lampworked hot glass, teaching, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, reading, cooking and traveling. Come to www.catalinaglass.etsy.com to see my current work

Followers